Michael F. Whelan, MD, DDS
Dr. Michael F. Whelan is originally from California. As an undergraduate, he attended Santa Clara University in Santa Clara, California. Following college, Dr. Whelan attended both dental school (University of California, Los Angeles School of Dentistry, 1988) and medical school (St. Louis University School of Medicine, 1992). His residency training was at the University of California, San Francisco for general surgery and oral & maxillofacial surgery, and at Oregon Health Sciences University for plastic surgery. His fellowship training is in craniofacial/pediatric plastic surgery, completed at the University of Washington/Seattle Children’s Hospital.
After training, Dr. Whelan was Assistant Professor of Surgery at the University of Washington for three years before entering private practice in Lynnwood, Washington in 2002. Dr. Whelan’s practice at Sound Surgery is dedicated to the treatment and care of patients with oral and plastic surgery conditions.
Dr. Whelan has medical and dental licenses in Washington and is board certified in Plastic Surgery and in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. He is a member of the following organizations:
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Washington State Dental Association
- Washington State Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Snohomish County Dental Society
- Snohomish County Dental Foundation (Past President)
- American Board of Plastic Surgeons
- Washington State Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association